CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

WHAT A LOVELY LADY!


Yesterday was a bittersweet day for my family. After several years of non complaining pain, my Grandmother went to live with the Lord. Her pain was finally relieved and her happiness was GREAT! My Grandmother lived her life to the fullest. She was a loving wife, a devoted mother, and a FANTASTIC Grandma. Her heart was big enough for 6 kids and their spouses, 15 grand kids, and 9 great-grand kids. I was always greeted at the door of her house with a huge smile and open arms.
I received a package in the mail a few weeks ago, and inside was a quilt she had made for Ryker. Even though her hands were frail and in a tremendous amount of pain, she made the most beautiful quilt for my baby. Her love and thoughtfulness were stronger than her pain.
I will miss my Grandmother's hugs, I will miss my Grandma's smile, and I will miss my Grandma's voice on the other end of the phone, BUT most of all I will miss my Grandma's love. Without words, she taught me to be kind, and loving in ALL situations. My grandmother was an amazing woman, I am proud to be her Granddaughter!!